- 200 gms Fish (Pomfret or any fleshy fish)
- 1/2 coconut Grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Coriander seeds
- 4 Peppercorns
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 5 Red Kashmiri Chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Tumeric powder
- 2 Pieces of Kokum
- Salt to Taste
This is typical traditional Goan fish curry preparation. You can make this with any fleshy fish that will not disintegrate into the curry.
- Clean and cut the fish into thin slices. Apply salt generously.
- Grind together the coconut, red chillies, corriander, peppercorns and garlic cloves into a fine paste.
- In a pot put in the ground paste along with tumeric powder and bring to a boil. Then add the fish and salt to taste. Lower the flame and let cook till the fish is tender. Lastly add the kokum. Serve over hot white rice.