This is the recipe for Tropical Fried Rice. Fried rice originates from China and is made typically from cold leftover rice and leftover ingredients.
- Heat a wok until it’s smoking hot. Beat the eggs and scramble with some oil.
- Set aside the scrambled eggs for later use.
- Heat some oil in a wok. Stir fry the day old rice and season with some light soy sauce and salt. Stir fry until the soy sauce is evenly distributed.
- Add in the BBQ pork and continue to stir fry.
- Add in the bite size pineapple pieces.
- Add in the peas and the scrambled eggs. Stir fry until all the ingredients are well mixed and the rice is slightly dry.
You may use any left over ingredients in your fridge like roast chicken, Chinese sausage, kimchi, mushroom, dried shrimp, salted fish, peppers, green onion, celery, corn, etc. to make this fried rice. It is a very flexible recipe.