- 1 kg Semolina
- 2 coconuts
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Rose water to taste
This recipe has many names, Bolo ( “Cake” in Portuguese), Bolo de Rulao (Cream of wheat Cake) and Batica. It’s a poor men cake. This cake is more popular in the villages (town) then the city.
1. Scrape coconuts, avoiding the brown husk, and grind in rose water to form a fine paste.
2. Beat eggs, sugar and butter till fluffy.
3. Add the semolina and mix well.
4. Blend in the coconut paste and add salt and baking powder.
5. Set aside for some time to rise.
6. If the dough is a little stiff, add a little milk to soften.
7. Grease a cake tray and pour in the mixture.
8. Bake in a moderate oven till done.